Her(B) Life Review: Ziingles Moisturizing Herbal Mouth Spray



Cottonmouth AKA The Pasties, is the worst. It's uncomfortable and embarrassing.

The term comes from the condition often experienced after smoking pot where small bits of mucus and saliva lining mainly the roof of your mouth feel like cotton. Most people assume (myself included) that dry mouth is caused by hot smoke being inhaled but as it turns out, it's not the heat or the smoke that's to blame. 

What is Cottonmouth?

In a nutshell: Every time you ingest cannabis, the cannabinoid receptors in the submandibular glands located on the roof of your mouth latch on to the THC. This causes the submandibular glands to stop receiving the messages from the parasympathetic nervous system that tells them to produce saliva. Read more over on MassRoots and while you're there, check out the Her(B) Life Mass Roots page

The thing about Cotton Mouth is that it's more than just an annoying sensation often experienced by cannabis users, it can potentially lead to harmful conditions such as gum disease, tooth decay and even oral cancer. According to a study published in the January 2014 issue of "Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention", frequent cannabis users have an increased risk of developing oral cancer due to cellular changes triggered by high smoke temperatures. 

It should be noted that this risk increases when you combine cannabis with tobacco. 

Ziingles Herbal Mouth Spray

Enter Ziingles, an all natural herbal moisturizing mouth spray designed to promote your body’s natural saliva production with a blend of sialogogue (saliva-inducing) herbs. Ziingles comes in three different flavours and boasts a formula that is organic, vegan,  gluten, GMO-free, and sugar-free, with no artificial colors, flavours, or preservatives. Ziingles doesn't contain fluoride or parabens either. As an aside, we also found the name to be delightful to say out loud - go ahead and see for yourself.

I had to try this mouth spray out. 

Refreshing Raspberry, Zesty Lemon or Spearminty Fresh

Choosing one of the three flavours was tough but in the end, I opted for Refreshing Raspberry in a 59 ml spray bottle. 



My first impression was that the spray had a pleasant herbal flavour not at all like the sugary Raspberry flavour that I expected to taste. The flavour is somewhat long lasting but not overbearing. It's not like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth, the spray won't destroy all new incoming flavours and it definitely won't ruin your tasty munchies. In fact, using the spray could enhance your tastebud's experience as dry mouth is often singled out as a cause of impaired taste. 

The directions on the bottle say to "Shake well and spray 2-3 times into mouth." I think it's important to point out that the pump spray is easy to use which is really key for older users who may be suffering from arthritic fingers and for people like myself who are just generally really uncoordinated. The importance of good packaging can never be underestimated as it can affect the overall experience for a user. 

Instant Results

The second thing I noticed was that my mouth almost instantly felt wetter. It was like night and day and while noticeable it wasn't weird. I wasn't drooling or anything like that but I could comfortably speak and run my tongue over my teeth and gums. 

On the company website, you can find a great FAQ section including videos that cover the condition of Dry Mouth, the various causes along with detailed information on the ingredients in a bottle of Ziingles and how best to use your Ziingles spray.  There is also more information on saliva than I ever thought I would need, but it's all very fascinating, for example: 

Though saliva is 99.5% water, the remaining 0.5% is comprised of important compounds that help maintain the healthy functioning of the entire body: enzymes, antibodies, electrolytes, mucus, antimicrobial compounds, epidermal growth factor, haptocorrin and opiorphin
— ziingles.com

You don't have to be a ganja goddess to use Ziingles. Dry mouth affects people for a variety of reasons and Ziingles is a good option for those who take medications that cause dry mouth or people with Sjogren's syndrome which causes dry eyes and a dry mouth (impaired taste is sometimes listed as a symptom). I can think of several people who might be getting a bottle of Ziingles under the Christmas tree this year.

Learn more about Ziingles over on their website here,  Instagram here, Facebook here, Twitter here, and finally YouTube here

Want a Her(B) Life Review of Your Product? 

visit our Contact page to get in touch and we'll discuss how Her(B) Life can help support your vision.