Here at Her(B) Life Headquarters we feel strongly about desserts, specifically cookies. The age-old tradition of baking Christmas cookies to share with loved ones is one of our favourites and homemade cookies make awesome last minute gifts so it's worth it to have a baking tray kicking around this time of year.
Here we're going to share our step by step instructions for making Cheery Chocolate Dipped Canna Cookies which are sure to please all your neighbours*.
*Please be sure to tell your neighbours if you give them cookies with cannabis - anxiety and bad trips are not very Christmasy
Cheery Chocolate Dipped Canna Cookies
These cookies are made using Betty Crocker's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and by substituting in cannabutter for the 1 cup margarine or butter that this recipe called for.
If you're looking for a good cannabutter recipe we recommend The Wellness Solider's recipe here.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup cannabis infused butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional - I left them out but you can do whatever)
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup of cannabis infused butter
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centres will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack.
Now to add the Her(B) Life Finishing Touch...
Once the cookies have cooled we're going to dip them in chocolate infused with even more cannabis.
- In a double boiler slowly melt 1/4 cup of cannabutter and 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, stirring frequently.
- When the chocolate has melted completely, carefully (it's hot) dip one side of your chocolate chip cookies.
- Lay the chocolate dipped cookie on a bakers rack with parchment paper underneath to catch the drippings.
- Optional: decorate with tiny leafs or buds