10 Mantras For When You Need A Kick In The Motivation
Sometimes it all just gets hard. Life is hard.
It can be hard to get out of bed, to stay focused on a work project, to land that new promotion or close the sale. It can be hard to find the energy to keep chasing that carrot or building that dream. Sometimes we need a little something to help us remember why we deserve all the abundance and love and success that we want.
When we feel like the anxiety is just getting to be too damn much or our boss is breathing down our necks and we can't take it anymore a mantra is the answer. Mantra comes from a Sanskrit word meaning a “sacred message or text, charm, spell, counsel” and may or may not have a literal meaning. Mantras are typically used in meditation but for our purposes today we are recommending ten different phrases that you can use throughout the day to remind yourself what a badass you are and how lucky your boss/family/friends are to have you.
When You Need To Go To Work
- I am creating a career I will be proud of.
- This is for me. This is for my future.
- I dream it, I work hard, I grind 'til I own it (Thanks Beyonce)
When You Feel Misunderstood
- You're not gonna tell me who I am, I'm gonna tell you who I am (Nicki Minage for the win!)
- I deserve love, I deserve money, I deserve happiness.
- State your purpose. (Sometimes we just need to remind ourselves to be clear about what we need and want).
When You're Scared
- Be Bold.
- I've got this.
- Nothing bad is going to happen
- I am worthy. I am capable.